If you’re struggling with breastfeeding your baby, don’t give up! Guiding Star Wakota now offers a program called The Milky Way, which supports nursing mothers by providing one-on-one consultation with a Certified Lactation Counselor.
This is a FREE service, and all breastfeeding women are welcome!
No appointment necessary and no insurance required.
Drop in for one-on-one consultation on Monday or Wednesday afternoon from 1:00-5:00 p.m. Or join our Milky Way Lactation Support Group with other moms on Fridays from 2:00-4:00.
Lactation Support Includes:
- Assessment and suggestions for getting a good latch;
- Troubleshooting for common breastfeeding challenges;
- Information for adjusting milk supply when needed;
- Help with how to use and clean a breast pump;
- Breastmilk storage and usage;
- Best bottle-feeding practices;
- General nutrition guidance for breastfeeding women;
- Easing the transition back to work, including pumping schedule, etc.;
- Resources/referrals when appropriate.