Help Pregnant Women and Their Children: Volunteer
Wakota relies on volunteers—ranging from high school students to retirees—to assist with sorting donations of baby and maternity clothing, assembling mailings, packing diapers for distribution, working on fundraising events, and filling in wherever and whenever needed. The hours are flexible and the benefits—assisting women and their families—are enormous.
If you’re interested in volunteering onsite at Wakota, please send an email to Dan Saad, executive director (email@example.com), or call him at 651-457-1195.
Here are other ways you can help support Wakota’s life-affirming programming:
- Sponsor a Diaper Drive to collect diapers as well as baby wipes, formula, and shampoo
- Hold a Baby Shower to collect donations of new baby and toddler clothing (up to size 3T), new maternity clothing, stuffed animals, board books, blankets, and infant toys
- Donate handcrafted baby blankets or clothing
- Conduct a Baby Bottle Fundraiser, where participants fill plastic bottles with loose change
If you’d like to organize one of these charitable projects—or another you have in mind—within your workplace, neighborhood, church, or group, please send an email to Dan Saad, executive director (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call him at 651-457-1195.
Donations of new or gently used baby clothing and equipment are much appreciated and are accepted in Wakota’s offices every day of the week. No appointment is necessary.
Wakota’s Wish List
Currently, we are most in need of:
- Diapers in Sizes 4, 5, and 6
- Toddler clothing (sizes 2T and 3T)