Volunteer Your Time & Donate Items
Guiding Star Wakota relies on volunteers—ranging from high school students to retirees—to assist with sorting donations of baby and maternity clothing, assembling mailings, packing diapers for distribution, working on fundraising events, and filling in wherever and whenever needed. The hours are flexible and the benefits—assisting women and their families—are enormous. If you are interested in volunteering, please call or email us: 651.457.1195.
Here are other ways you can help support Guiding Star Wakota’s life-affirming programming:
- Sponsor a Diaper Drive to collect diapers as well as baby wipes, formula, and shampoo
- Hold a Baby Shower to collect donations of new baby and toddler clothing (up to size 3T), new maternity clothing, stuffed animals, board books, blankets, and infant toys
- Donate handcrafted baby blankets or clothing
- Conduct a Baby Bottle Fundraiser, where participants fill plastic bottles with loose change
If you’d like to organize one of these charitable projects—or another you have in mind—within your workplace, neighborhood, church, or group, please send an email to our Community Engagement Coordinator, Kelly Huber or call her at 651.457.1195.
Donations of new or gently used baby clothing and equipment are much appreciated and are accepted in Guiding Star Wakota’s office Monday-Friday. 9am-5pm. No appointment is necessary.
Current Wish List
- Newborn/Infant Toys
- Toddler clothing-sizes 2T & 3T