Guiding Star Wakota offers seventeen classes, customized to you, and scheduled for the time that’s most convenient to you.
Preparation for Motherhood
- Breastfeeding—You’ll learn the pros and cons of breastfeeding versus formula, the importance of skin-to-skin contact, feeding cues, and various breastfeeding positions.
- Childbirth—Prepare for your child’s birth and minimize natural fears by learning relaxation techniques and what to expect during labor.
- Fertility Awareness—Learn a natural way to track your fertility and discover how your monthly cycle can indicate your overall health.
- Introduction to Doulas—Find out the benefits of having a doula assist during pregnancy, labor, delivery, and afterward. Referrals for doulas are provided.
Essential Skills for a Mother
- Budgeting & Finance—Create a working, realistic budget that fits you and your goals.
- Education—Develop a plan to earn your GED, increase English fluency, or pursue higher education.
- Employment Skills—With the instructor’s assistance, prepare a resume that highlights your skills, identify potential employers, and enhance your interviewing skills.
- Healthy Relationships—Discuss such topics as successful dating, intimacy, relationship red flags, questions before marriage, and many more.
- Introduction to Life Coaching—Prioritize the steps to success, identify potential obstacles, and design a personalized plan to achieve your most important goal.
Parenting and Family Care
- Car Seat Safety—A trained technician covers everything you need to know about buckling up your baby. Take the Car Seat Safety class, plus two more classes from Guiding Star Wakota, and you may be eligible to receive a free infant car seat or a convertible car seat.
- Child Care Resources—Find an affordable and safe place to care for your child while you are at work or school.
- Child Development—Understand your child’s stage of development and help them grow in their cognitive, language, social, & motor skills & abilities.
- Food Resources—Explore money-saving food sources, identify and apply to programs, and learn about proper nutrition.
- Housing Resources—Learn practical steps you can take to find affordable housing.
- Newborn Care—Learn from observations about the behaviors newborns use to adapt to their new world outside the womb.
- Parenting—Choose the topics most important to you, such as newborn care, potty training, discipline, and child development.
- The Good Father Program—Raise your awareness, increase your confidence, and create action to help you meet your personal and professional goals.
Schedule a class today: 651-457-1195