14 Classes Customized for You
Wakota offers the following one-on-one classes, scheduled for the time that’s most convenient for you.
Preparation for Motherhood
- Fertility Awareness—Learn a natural way to track your fertility and discover how your monthly cycle can indicate your overall health.
- Childbirth—Prepare for your child’s birth and minimize natural fears by learning relaxation techniques and what to expect during labor.
- Introduction to Doulas—Find out the benefits of having a doula assist during pregnancy, labor, delivery, and afterward. Referrals for doulas are provided.
- Breastfeeding—You’ll learn the pros and cons of breastfeeding versus formula, the importance of skin-to-skin contact, feeding cues, and various breastfeeding positions.
Essential Skills for a Mother
- Budgeting & Finance—Create a working, realistic budget that fits you and your goals.
- Education—Develop a plan to earn your GED, increase English fluency, or pursue higher education.
- Employment Skills—With the instructor’s assistance, prepare a resume that highlights your skills, identify potential employers, and enhance your interviewing skills.
- Healthy Relationships—Discuss such topics as successful dating, intimacy, relationship red flags, questions before marriage, and many more.
- Introduction to Life Coaching—Prioritize the steps to success, identify potential obstacles, and design a personalized plan to achieve your most important goal.
Parenting and Family Care
- Parenting—Choose the topics most important to you, such as newborn care, potty-training, discipline, and child development.
- Car Seat Safety— A trained technician covers everything you need to know about buckling up your baby. **
- Child Care Resources—Find an affordable and safe place to care for your child while you are at work or school.
- Food Resources—Explore money-saving food sources, identify and apply to programs, and learn about proper nutrition.
- Housing Resources—Learn practical steps you can take to find affordable housing.
** Take the Car Seat Safety class, plus two more classes from Wakota, and you may be eligible to receive a free infant car seat or a convertible car seat.
Schedule a class today: Call 651-457-1195